Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Well, maybe for some.  I am just on the brink of starting to become overwhelmed.  I am trying to take it one step at a time but in addition to the normal holiday craziness, add in my daughter's bridal shower - on December 23rd!  What were we THINKING?!?!?

Ok.  Back to the training - which, by the way, is actually helping me with the potential stress!  The training is going well. I bounced back pretty good this week after having such a horrible cold the week before.  Monday's two mile run was painful but I got in some good core work on Tuesday, another 2 mile run on Wednesday, core Thursday morning and a 5 mile run Thursday night.  Core on Friday and a really good 8 mile run yesterday.  The weather was incredible this week for being almost the middle of December.  Yesterday morning it was 50 degrees during our run and we got to see a small "herd" of 5 deer near the towpath.  They were really beautiful.

So, I hope that this week goes well and that I can continue on a good training routine even with all the parties and other activities approaching.  I'll need it now, more than ever, to work out the stress and work off the extra pounds from all of the food!!!

How do you schedule your training runs during the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment