Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Bad Case of the Runs



Yep. In more ways than one.

Yesterday was an 11 mile run. It was crappy (pun intended). I don't know what happened. I have my "pre long run" routine down pretty good and I didn't think I changed anything. After much introspection, I think it might have been a lack of hydration on Friday. I was really busy at work and I know I didn't drink as much as I have in the past.

It figures. The weather was almost perfect. I'd have liked about 10 more degrees of heat but the sun was shining and the trail was perfectly dry. This week will be another story. We're expecting our coldest air of the last several years. Some mornings will be below zero. I think I have enough warm clothes. It will certainly be a trial!

What do you do when your GI tract doesn't cooperate with your long run?


No comments:

Post a Comment