Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Monday, June 25, 2012

Do one thing every day that scares you
-Eleanor Roosevelt

I guess that has pretty much been the theme of my past six months. It perfectly describes my mid-life crisis. I'm tired of being safe! Shortly after deciding to run a half marathon, I decided that if I made it, I'd get a tattoo to commemorate it. It wasn't a spur of the moment idea. I have been contemplating a tattoo for about ten years now. But I was being SAFE. I didn't know what to get or where. This race was the perfect excuse.

I'm running a 5k on Friday night. It's hard to imagine that I am running "short" runs of 2, 3, and 4 miles this week. It hasn't been that long ago that I thought I could NEVER run 4 miles! One goal of my mid-life crisis achieved. A sense of achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment