Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fastest 10K?



photo.PNG

So, my Nike+ app told me that I ran my fastest 10K today.  I think we must have both eaten something rotten for dinner last night.  The run started out well enough.  It was cool (which I love) but drizzling (which I HATE) but I run on a densely wooded trail so most of the way it is like running under a giant umbrella.  There were a couple of times and places, though, where it was raining pretty hard - blech!

So, all was going well until about the 5 1/2 mile mark.  I had to go to the bathroom.  And my body doesn't just give me a warning.  When I'm running and I have to go, I have to go NOW!!!  Except the port-a-potty is at the 5 3/4 mile mark   I was in some serious pain - to the point that I couldn't run.  I just walked fast and cried!

That's my explanation for my strange splits.  After I used the bathroom - I made up my speed!  I've been working on speed a lot during my short, two mile, morning runs.  Maybe it's starting to pay off!  I hope so!

Now to work on not having to use the bathroom during a run....

No comments:

Post a Comment