Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flights are Booked!

photo.PNG                                                                                                           photo.PNG

Today was a busy day!  Amanda and I booked our flights for the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  Just a few more loose ends to tie up (like an extra night and praying for Free Dining!) and we'll be on our way!

I tried for a "hat trick" of "Fastest 10Ks" today but it was not in the cards.  My afternoon/evening runs are always horrible.  This one was particularly bad.  At the halfway point of my 6.25 mile run, I had to use the bathroom.  My choices were:  Turn around and try to make it 2 miles back to the Port a Potty or keep going another .75 miles to the next Port a Potty.  I decided that I was not going to make the 2 miles back so I went the .75 more.  Now, this, of course, meant that I finished my run when I was still almost 1.5 miles from my car!  UGH! 

I'm going to try to get another run in on Thursday afternoon but I think it will be a bit more leisurely.  As you can see, I have more than 6 months until my next race so I'm going to take it easy here, for a bit, on my runs.  Keep the distance.  Lose the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment