Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Friday, September 28, 2012

Running into the Sun...

But there wasn't any sun.

I got one short, 2 mile run in while I was in Phoenix but it was ugly!  The hotel gave me a "running map" of the area which mapped out a 4 mile course.  I knew I wouldn't have time to do 4 miles in the morning so I just planned to run one mile out and one mile back.  Against my better judgement, I went out before sunrise.  (Note to self - always listen to your better judgement!)  About 1/2 of the mile was down a long road/driveway which lead to the Arizona Biltmore.  There were no streetlights but where the sidewalk ended, a lighted trail picked up on the other side of the road.  After my turn around, on the way back as I was crossing the road from the trail to the sidewalk, a speed bump sprung up out of the dark.  I tripped over it and fell head over heels in the middle of the road. 

My daughter was hoping someone saw me but luckily it was dark.  I got my wits back about me, realized I wasn't injured other than being very scraped up, and ran back to the hotel praying that no one saw my bleeding self running down the road and into the lobby of the hotel. 

Luckily, I'm fine.  Just sore and scabby.  I did a good two mile run this morning in my own, familiar neighborhood and am looking forward to getting in a couple runs next week in Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment