Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Conference Week - I Survived!

I mostly survived Conference Week.  I got in two short 2 mile treadmill workouts so that was good since I wasn't sure I would get in any workouts!  My diet was what suffered the most.  I didn't have my green smoothies and instead, had a plethora of some of the fattiest foods known to man at my beck and call.  Bacon for breakfast every morning was heavenly on the taste buds but devilish on my abs. 

I didn't even improve when I got home.  I had pizza for dinner Friday night, bar food and beer Saturday and today was our annual Turkey Bowl with some Fantasy Football friends:  chili, buffalo chicken dip, turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  I made an attempt at healthy by eating the roasted asparagus but then washed it all down with some Bud Light.

I'm going to make an attempt to get back on track the first half of this week but I know it will all be blown again starting Thursday.  I'm going to try not to stress about it.  I'm just going to keep working out and hope for the best.  I can start the diet all over again in January!

I did have a good 7.5 mile run yesterday.  It was 30 degrees starting out but the sun was shining brightly (after it actually rose above the horizon - we went out at 7:30am) and the air was invigorating.  I was grumpy and complaining about it but when we were done at 9am and most people weren't even out of bed yet - it felt so good!

How do you keep your diet in check when you are away from home?  Or over the Holidays?  I need some good advice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment