Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Monday, November 12, 2012

Conference Week

It's been a while since I've posted.  I'm sure my legions of fans are missing me - NOT!!!

Training is going along as scheduled.  I've had two 7 mile runs so far.  The second one was a 20 second faster pace than the first one!  I hope to see THAT keep improving!!!

My diet is going about the same as usual.  I have been diligent about my green smoothies every day but I do slip a bit - perhaps with a salted caramel mocha frappachino last week and maybe with a peanut butter cookie or two this week...

Tomorrow starts 4 days of our semi-annual conference that we conduct for my job.  It means crappy eating, standing on my feet all day and no place to run it off other than a treadmill.  The conference is in a bad part of Cleveland.  Even though the facilities are amazing, there is no place to run outside and no time to get in a good "medium" run during the week.  I got a good two miler in this morning and will do abs tomorrow morning.  The best I can hope for is two days on the treadmill and anther ab workout in the hotel room.  I'll have to do the best I can to watch my diet and then stay back at 7 miles for my "long" run on Saturday. 

I know we have worked plenty of time into our training schedule so I'm not going to stress about it too much - there's just simply, nothing I can do about it!  I am really looking forward to the kids being home over Thanksgiving.  The conference and the holiday are going to make these next couple of weeks crazy busy!

How do you run/workout during weeks when circumstances make it next to impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment