Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm a Runner!

I haven't posted much because there is nothing very earth shattering to share. Training is going even BETTER than planned. Way ahead of schedule and a better pace than I ever anticipated! Just crossing fingers than everything stays on track.

The one exciting thing that happened this week is that I became a runner on Wednesday night. I started running "for real" in January of 2012. I ran 8 races in 2012. But, no matter what, I never really felt like a "runner." Not even after I ran my first half marathon.

Wednesday night, Amanda and I went for our normal5 mile mid week run. About2 miles into the run, I realized I wasn't going to make it because I had to pee so badly. But the bathrooms at the park where we run are locked during the winter. I started to consider options but, really, the best I could come up with was to pee behind a tree while Amanda stood guard. I couldn't stop giggling but when all was said and done, for the first time, I actually felt like a real RUNNER!

I hope I don't have to use that option again anytime soon, but now I know that if I have to, I can!

Best wishes to everyone running in Disney World this weekend and I can't wait to be there in just about 6 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment