Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Monday, September 3, 2012

Not Much Running

So, as usual (and like the title says), I'm running behind in my training.  I have plenty of time.  I'm not registered for a race until February but I was really feeling good with my "medium" runs of 6, 7 and 8 miles on the weekends.  I knew it would be tough getting some running in during our jaunt to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail this weekend.  I managed to get in a 4 mile run Sunday morning.  I thought there was a bike trail right next to our hotel but after a mile, it ended and I couldn't figure out where it continued!  So, I circled around and ran through town.  I didn't want to get too lost.  I wanted to go 5 miles but I stopped after 4.  Hubby and I did walk for about another mile after that though.  The rest of the weekend was a lot of car riding but it was worth it.  The scenery was magnificent.   We're already talking about how soon we can go back again!

Hopefully, this week will be better for running.  I'm tentatively planning a 2 mile run in the morning, 5 or 6 Wednesday evening, 2 on Friday morning and 6 or 7 on Saturday.  Hopefully, the weather and rest of life will cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment