Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Sunday, March 31, 2013

The best laid plan....

Remember that cold I was catching a week ago today? Thursday it was diagnosed as pneumonia. Needless to say, my training plan was out the window this week. I actually got in some decent cross training on Monday and a 2 mile run on Tuesday before my body just gave out on Wednesday. Yesterday, I was scheduled to run 9 miles. I WALKED 2 - slowly. I finally got my appetite back today - just in time for Easter Dinner - and I finally feel some of my strength finally returning. I can't imagine what this is going to do to my training for my Half Marathon on 4/20 but all I can do is the best I can do!

I know I probably got sick from all the traveling and activity that has been going on in my life since the middle of February but it is not going to slow down until at least the end of May. I hope my health, strength and stamina holds out!

This weeks semi-plan:
Monday: 2 mile run
Tuesday: cross train
Wednesday: am cross train, pm run - I'm hoping for 5 miles.
Thursday: cross train
Friday: 2 mile run
Saturday: run. I don't know how far. I will have to play it by ear. Right now, I hope 8 or 9 miles.

How to you get back to your training after an illness?

No comments:

Post a Comment