Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

It's all coming to a close.  We had a wonderful weekend with friends and family.  Both kids and their significant others were here at various times throughout.  We started with the arrival of my daughter and her fiance early Thursday morning.  Just in time to run a 5K Turkey Trot.  My daughter is a fantastic pacer and paced me to a 5K PR of 28:51! 

We arrived home to start with the obnoxious amount of eating and drinking.  We had breakfast pizza with mimosas and Bloody Marys. 

After breakfast, we began preparing our Thanksgiving feast.  It was an intimate crowd - just my husband and I.  My daughter and her fiance and my parents.  We made up by eating enough for an army!

Friday was spent with an early 8 mile run and some errands.  My son and his girlfriend arrived late Friday night and while I went to bed early, everyone stayed up partying most of the night! 

The reason for my early bedtime Friday night was so that I could get up bright and early on Saturday morning and venture out, along with my mom, to our favorite local sport's bar where we claimed seats for everyone for the Ohio State - Michigan game.  We all celebrated their win!

Today was spent cooking lunch for my son and his girlfriend - they requested meatloaf - and cooking a turkey stock with the leftover turkey carcass.  I made about 100 gallons so we will be eating turkey noodle soup for many months to come!

Tomorrow, reality begins again.  A short two mile run in the morning and then a FIRM resolve to get back on the "decent eating" bandwagon.  Of course, that will only last for a couple of weeks before the next holiday arrives and the eating reaches obnoxious levels again.

What do you do to keep your appetite in check during the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment