Description

I'm running into the sun but I'm...

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Making Strides

I was another wet and cold day today.  More rain than yesterday.  Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have cared.  Sunday is my off day so I would have just curled up under a blanket and watched football all day. 

But, today, a group of us from work waked the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in my town.  A co-worker was recently diagnosed and it really seemed to hit me all of a sudden, how terrible this disease is and how many lives it affects.  I had a slight scare about a year and a half ago when I found a lump in one of my breasts.  I was scared to death.  My lump was only a cyst but when my co-worker got diagnosed, I suddenly realized how easily it could have been me.

So, we walked today.  In the rain and in the cold and in support of everyone whose life has ever been touched by breast cancer and in the hope that, someday, a cure can be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment